image1 image2 image3

WELCOME TO MYRTLE AND THYME|A HUMBLE COOKING BLOG|FOOD INSPIRED BY TASMANIA

Spiked Bread and Butter Pudding #TASMANIAWEEK


 It's one of those calm, wintery, sunny days today. The sunlight brings a welcome change from the gloomy temperament Hobart has had lately, and it makes my mind wander far away. I dream of one day owning a modest weatherboard house, painted robins egg blue, in the country with just enough land for a vegetable patch and some chickens.
We used to have chickens while I was growing up and I loved finding the eggs in funny places, like under a fern in the garden. I can still remember when I found an egg in the barn amongst the hay bales. I was so proud that I popped it into the top pocket of my bright 80s-esque puffy jacket, and promptly tripped over crushing the egg and my dreams of boiled eggs and toast soldiers for lunch. 


I need to be careful with my daydreaming, sometimes I worry that the places I create are so lovely I might just like to stay there. 

This Bread and butter pudding has a little dreamy twist to it too, a dash of Bailey's Irish Cream! It goes so well with the flavours in the fruit loaf from Jackman and McRoss Bakers that every body is sure to find something they love in this warm, custardy pudding. 


Spiked Bread and Butter Pudding
10 thick slices Jackman and McRoss Dutch walnut and fruit loaf 
90g Butter
½ C Dark chocolate chips
½ C Brown sugar
6 Eggs
2 C Milk
300ml Thickened cream
1/3 C Baileys Irish cream

Spread each side of the bread slices lightly with butter and cut in half diagonally. 

Place half of the bread in the base of a large baking dish, top with half of the sugar and half the choc chips. Then repeat with the remaining bread, sugar and chocolate to form a second layer.

Whisk all the wet ingredients in a bowl until combined, then pour over the bread in the prepared tin. Make sure the bread is covered with the egg mixture, then set aside for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180oC.


Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the pudding has set and is golden on top. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes before serving. 



If you try this let me know! I’d love to hear your ideas and suggestions.

Much love M&T





Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from anyone who would like to share their thoughts and ideas with me, and I promise to read each one!
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and share!

M&T xx