image1 image2 image3

WELCOME TO MYRTLE AND THYME|A HUMBLE COOKING BLOG|FOOD INSPIRED BY TASMANIA

Stout and Rosemary Sausage Rolls #TASMANIAWEEK


The final installment for #TASMANIAWEEK is here! 7 recipes in 7 days, it has flown by so fast! I have really enjoyed bringing these recipes to life and hope that this has inspired you to try a new Tasmanian product! This recipe to conclude the week is a more adult version of party sausage rolls, because lets face it you never stop loving party sausage rolls!

(I will be heading to the Farm Gate Market tomorrow, looking for more inspiration for Tassie produce to use, I can't wait!) 



Stout and Rosemary Sausage Rolls
2 sheets puff pastry
400g pork mince
1 spring onion, finely sliced
4-5 Tbs Rosemary stout jus
2 Tbs Milk
2 Tbs Water

Rosemary stout jus
1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 large sprigs rosemary

To make the jus: place all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer on medium until sauce thickens, approx. 5-10 minutes. This is an excellent sauce for gamey meats, I used some that I had left over from a lamb pot roast.

Preheat the oven to 190oC.

Combine the mince, spring onions and jus in a mixing bowl and use your hands or a spoon to combine well. Half the pastry lengthways and arrange equal portions of the mince along the middle of the pastry pieces.

Gently roll over the pastry to enclose the meat, brushing a little of the water along the join of the pastry to help it stick. Cut in to 5cm party sized sausage rolls and arrange on a lined baking tray.

Brush a little of the milk on top of each roll to help it get that lovely golden colour in the oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the meat is cooked through and the pastry has puffed.


NOTES: As you can see from the photos I only had shortcrust pastry on hand the day I made these, shortcrust works for sausage rolls but you do miss the gorgeous flakiness that puff gives them. These are also pretty juicy, so it may be worthwhile baking them on a wire rack in your baking dish to ensure the bottom is lovely and crisp as well. 



If you try this let me know! I’d love to hear your ideas and suggestions.

Much love M&T

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from anyone who would like to share their thoughts and ideas with me, and I promise to read each one!
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and share!

M&T xx